Our heartfelt wish is to return to normal open visiting at each of our homes but to protect our vulnerable residents this is not going to be possible for the foreseeable future. However, in line with the lifting of many of the lockdown provisions throughout the UK and updated professional guidance, family visits will recommence by appointment only from Monday 22 June.
Appointments will be made through an online portal and guidance on the registration and booking process will be issued to family members. Guidance on visiting arrangements and criteria, together with risk assessment, are set out on the Visiting page. In essence, the following will apply:
- One visit per resident/couple every two weeks
- Maximum of two visitors at any time and both visitors must be from the same household
- Visitors in the clinically extremely vulnerable group who are shielding must not visit
- Visitors in the moderately vulnerable group who are shielding should not visit
- Those who have been told to isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service must not visit
- Visiting time will be a maximum of 30 minutes to enable a 30-minute turnaround of area
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment time
- Visitors must wait in their cars until instructed by a member of staff
- If arriving later than the appointment time the length of appointment cannot be extended
- Any items for the residents must be left with a member of staff
This prescriptive approach is not something that we wish for at any of our homes, but we hope you will understand that this is the only way we can facilitate safe visiting at this current time. Arrangements will be kept under constant review and like everyone, we look forward to a time when none of this will be necessary.
In the meantime, we thank you for your support and understanding.
Please refer to our Visiting tab for more information.