Christadelphian Care Homes exists mainly, although not exclusively, to care for members of the Christadelphian Faith. We operate a number of Care Homes and Sheltered Housing schemes throughout the UK and are able to deliver care tailored to individual needs from low support through to residential, nursing and specialised care, including dementia. Here at Christadelphian Care Homes we are committed to providing the highest quality individual care and support, a happy and enjoyable atmosphere ensuring that residents and staff are fully involved.
We are committed to delivering relationship centred hospitality across our home, we are passionate about our people, and we are now looking for a motivated and passionate Head Chef to join our leadership team at Olivet.
We are looking for a qualified Head Chef, someone with a passion for working with fresh seasonal food, who is driven by quality and high standards, and who will promote the best possible mealtime experience for residents and families.
As Head Chef, you will be responsible for:
• The day-to-day running of the kitchen and the delivery of consistent, high quality, delicious and nutritious dishes for our residents and their families.
• Ensure that our menus are not only healthy and nutritious, but also exciting, wholesome, tasty, and sustainable.
• Be actively involved in daily operations, leading by example, ensuring recipes and instructions are followed and that restaurant quality meals are served to all residents.
• Build relationships with our residents, families and working with the care team, to fully understand the needs and favourite dishes of each resident.
• Inspire a team which ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the both the resident outcomes and the reputation of the home.
• Effectively lead, manage, motivate, and develop a team who are empowered and feel that the work that they do is valued.
• Ensure that the team has full awareness of the menu, ingredients and any potential dietary or allergies and that they can articulate this effectively to our residents, their family members, and guests.
• Ensure that all information in relation to resident’s dietary requirements, whether physical or system based are accurate, up to date, secure, confidential, and delivered.
• Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory/statutory legislation, and ensure all health & safety, food safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation is adhered to.
• Review kitchen service standards, ensuring that the team understand and are fully trained to deliver against our standards in every task.
• Implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
• To ensure all stock is purchased, stored, and rotated correctly in accordance with food safety regulations.
• To ensure that thorough audits are undertaken, implemented and action anything that has been highlighted in an efficient and timely manner.
• To keep up to date with industry developments and trends and to align these with the residents lived experience.
• You will have experience of working within care homes, hospitality venues or restaurants.
• You will ideally have Level 3 Food Safety qualification, desirable would be level 5.
• You will have the ability to cost food menus accurately and forecast demand and manage stock.
• You will be a professional, who has a proven track record of delivering and maintaining kitchen standards at the highest level – keeping a safe, clean, and compliant environment.
• You will have strong communication and influencing skills, an approachable manner, and an eye for detail.
• You will be passionate and can drive standards that not only meet but exceed expectations and elevate the lives of our residents.
• You will be trustworthy, caring, adaptable, friendly, and patient and continuingly striving for excellence.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS. This is a ful time position, working 44 hours a week.